The information provided on the Skinny World website is intended for general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment for any medical condition whatsoever. Nothing on the Skinny World website should be construed as medical advice or diagnosis.
The Skinny World website is intended to provide a broad overview of various aspects of obesity, weight loss and nutrition. The information on the Skinny World website is not exhaustive and does not cover every aspect of diet, nutrition or obesity or any of the disease processes that overweight or obesity may precipitate.
Warning: The Skinny World Diet Program (SWDP) must not be undertaken by any person who is:
- under 17 years of age
- known or suspected androgen dependent tumors
- male―breast cancer or prostate cancer
- female―endometrial cancer or post-menopausal ovarian cancer
- type 1 diabetes (DM1)
- severely clinically depressed
- vegan diet
- eating disorder
Prolonged treatment with the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) leads to increased production of androgen. Androgens cause fluid retention therefore people with the following conditions may not be suitable:
- overt or latent cardiac failure
- previous history of Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)
- renal dysfunction
- hepatic insufficiency
- ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
- arterial thromboembolism
- morbidly obese
Inclusion of these people is at the discretion of the prescribing medical practitioner.
People with the following comorbidities are able to successfully complete the SWDP and may be included:
- type 2 diabetes (DM2)
- non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- lower limb joint pain
- morbid obesity (BMI above 40)
If you have any of the above conditions you must be monitored by a medical practitioner throughout the SWDP.
If you become unwell or experience any change in your health status, or otherwise have any health care related questions or issues, while on the SWDP or following any diet suggestions on the Skinny World website, you should promptly seek medical advice from a licensed medical practitioner. You should not disregard medical advice, or delay in seeking medical advice, because of something you may have read on the Skinny World website.
Sklinny World does not warrant or make any representations regarding the results of the SWDP or the accuracy or reliability of the content of the Skinny World website.
Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Skinny World, its legal entities and its employees will not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever (including direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages or loss, or any loss of profits) arising out of or in connection with the:
- use of, or inability to use, the Skinny World website;
- failure or delay by any person to seek, or follow, the advice of a licensed medical practitioner, whether in the circumstances set out in this disclaimer or otherwise;
- use of, or reliance on, any information, content or other material on the Skinny World website or any website linked to the Skinny World website;
- conduct of any third party on the Skinny World website.
I warrant that I have read the above disclaimer.
I acknowledge and understand that if I disregard any information in the disclaimer or fail to seek medical attention from a licensed medical practitioner as advised in the disclaimer, I acknowledge that I do so at my own risk and in doing so will waive any right to seek recourse against Skinny World, it's legal entities and all of its employees.
By proceeding with my request for membership, I confirm my understanding and acceptance of the above disclaimer.