During P1 Weight Loss, you may only eat two meals per day – lunch and dinner. The two P1 Skinny Meals provide a total of 500 calories from food per day.
Each P1 Skinny Meal consists of:
- 100 g protein (3.5 oz)
- 1-2 cups of 1 vegetable
- 1 grissini stick or Melba toast
- 1 fruit
Permissible beverages include:
- unlimited plain, mineral or soda water – aim to drink 2-3 liters/quarts of water per day
- unsweetened black, green or herb tea
- unsweetened coffee
- up to 1 Tbsp (20 ml) milk per day
Note: 1 tsp = 5 ml. Full cream milk is preferable to skim or ‘low-fat’ milk as it has added sugar.
Your fruit or vegetable portion may be juiced and taken as a beverage, e.g. tomato juice or strawberry coulis and mint mixed with plain soda or mineral water to make a refreshing spritzer.
Other than Stevia DO NOT use sugar, honey, syrup or any artificial sweetener during P1 or P2.
DO NOT use creamer or condensed milk during P1 or P2.
DO NOT use fat, oil or butter during P1, not even a wisp of oil spray on you pan.
100 g Protein (3.5 oz)
- chicken breast
- white fish
- 4 eggs (one whole, whites only of the three others)
- skim cottage cheese
A list of benefits:
- thins the blood
- protects arteries
- inhibits blood clots
- reduces triglycerides
- lowers LDL cholesterol
- reduces risk of heart attack & stroke
- eases symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- reduces risk of lupus
- relieves migraine headaches
- fights inflammation
- helps regulate immune system
- inhibits cancer
- soothes bronchial asthma
- combats early kidney disease
Note: boiling eggs in salted water makes them easier to peel
Skim Cottage Cheese
1-2 Cups of 1 Vegetable
Permissible P1 vegetables:
- beet greens (not the sugar beet or beetroot)
- cabbage – all varieties including bok choy, Chinese, kalian (also known as Chinese Broccoli), kale (wild cabbage), kohlrabi, napa, edible rape, savoy, white and red
- chicory or witloof (flower)
- onion – red, white, brown
- radish – red, white (daikon)
- salad greens – including arugula/rocket, all varieties of lettuce, endive, radicchio, watercress
- spinach, kangkung (Asian water spinach)
Celery leaves are a good source of calcium, iron, sodium, vitamins A and B. Celery juice extract can be use to treat diseases like arthritis, rheumatism and kidney disorders. It is helpful in lowering cholesterol and detoxifying the body.
1 Bread Stick
Condiments, Herbs and Spices
Chives are perfect chopped finely and sprinkled before serving on soups, potatoes, vegetables and salads.
Turmeric is currently being investigated for possible benefits Alzheimer’s, cancer and arthritis. It has also been used as an anti-inflammatory agent and remedy for gastrointestinal discomfort associated with irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders.